Moisturiser is really a step any skin type shouldn't skip; it's important to remember there is a difference between dry and dehydrated skin, (oily skin can still be dehydrated). I would have described my skin as combination/oily over the last few years, but since stopping my pill, my skin seems to be more normal, but I suffer from dry patches, (mostly from blemishes drying out). My skin is, or rather, it can be very dehydrated, but I never want to risk overloading it with something too rich. I previously used Liz Earle Light Skin Repair moisturiser, which was lovely, but after two bottles, I wanted to try something new, so Claire at LUSH recommended Enzymion.
I bought it because it's specially aimed at oily skins, and I loved the fact it contained fruit enzymes, (which supposedly work wonders for your skin). The papaya helps to remove dead skin cells, lemon contains natural skin bleaching capabilities, helping to fade marks, as well as giving a matt finish, while the cocoa butter and avocado oil help to moisturise.
I really love Enzymion. It's light weight, smells great- really fresh- and sinks in quickly and really does provide a great base for make up. I find it can double as a night cream if you use two thin layers, instead of one, and in the morning I wake up with my skin feeling soft and plump like it should be, (if your skin generally doesn't feel like this you may be suffering from dehydration. ) I honestly couldn't comment on the the ability to fade marks, as my skin is till breaking out, I had fresh marks, but what I do notice is the overall appearance of my skin definitely doesn't seem as dull since I've been using this. One thing to watch out for is how much you use, I always overestimate and end up using too much; so start off with the smallest amount and gauge that way. As mentioned in my toner post, it works great when I apply it while the toner is still damp on my skin.
My only gripe is that it comes in a tub, and I really would have loved it in a bottle with a pump instead! I don't mind using tubs for eye creams, but I think for moisturiser it is more hygienic to have it in pump form, as obviously you're spreading the cream all over your face! What I do, is slightly tap some on the back of my hand and it apply it from there, rather than sticking my fingers into the tub itself. I also find it tends to get a bit messy round the edges, especially when travelling (I purposely didn't clean the sides in the photos so you can see what I mean!). If you can overlook this issue, then this might just be the moisturiser for you!
Suitable for? I'd say combination to oily skin types, or for those just looking for something nice and light that sits well under make up. (Probably not for dry skins though.)
Price: £13.50/ 45 g (definitely on the pricer side for LUSH skin care products, but I honestly think it will last ages. I've been using mine for about 6 weeks (I forget exactly when I bought it) and I've still got half left.)
So, that rounds up my current three step LUSH program, they pretty much dominate my skincare routine; I also use Ocean Salt scrub (review coming soon) and Enchanted eye cream (review here). There's a few other non-LUSH cleansers that I use depending how I'm feeling, and a really basic Superdrug one I use in the morning, but to be honest, it's nothing special. I've really enjoyed this routine, and although I haven't notice a massive difference in my skin, there's been a slight improvement, but with things like skin care you need to be patient! So I'll be finishing everything off before I make a final judgment.
Do you have any recommendations for me? Any skincare products you swear by?
Nic xxx
nice review. I absolutely love lush products, but i surprisingly haven't tried any of their moisturizers. When I'm in the store I always test out gorgeous though, but I would never purchase it at a whopping 80$
ReplyDeleteI know I was very shocked when I saw the prices of couple of them, luckily this one (and most of the others) are more on the affordable side. I don't know what makes gorgeous so much more expensive, I've always just avoided it- never wanted to be tempted!
Delete