Hello and excuse the lame title, but I couldn't resist. I am beyond happy with my one and only purchase from the MAC Glitter & Ice Collection released a couple weeks ago now. (Although I'm hoping to pick up another on the weekend, Morning Frost Paint Pot, I am looking at you!)
Back in October, when the swatches went live on Temptalia I immediately added What Joy! lipstick to my wish list. It looked like the perfect berry red, a shade I had been searching for. So I sat waiting patiently for the release date.
Ouu so shiny!
I didn't even bother trying it on in store, just went to the till (after having a massive eye shadow/paint pot swatch session) and asked for it. I'm a bit of sucker for limited edition packaging, and I know some don't like the white, but I think it still looks sleek and not tacky at all. Plus the silver boxes are wicked!
How gorgeous does that look! In the bullet it almost appears like a deep reddy/brown but on the lips it transforms to it's true berry self.
Dabbed on as a stain / Applied properly.
This is what it looks like dabbed on slighty and then rubbed in with my fingers. It's a really nice wearable flush of colour. On my lips it does tend to lean a bit pink, but just dab on more for a deeper colour. It's really great during the day - not sure I'm brave enough to wear it full on during the sunshine hours.
As you can see it's a really deep, classy red. It is quite in your face, but very sophistacted at the same time. I am super happy I got my hands on it, it's like nothing I already own. The Satin finish means it's got a lovely sheen to it, and lasts really well. Lotta love for What Joy! Really is happiness in a bullet.
It's sold out on the MAC & Debenham's websites already, but may be available on local counters and concessions.
I'm going to do a full FOTD post later to show it off some more.
Nic xxx





No comments:
Post a Comment