Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

A Few Make Up Resolutions

I really don't do resolutions, not for any particular reason, I just don't! But, I've got a few travelling plans for the summer, and unless I do some major saving I'm not going anywhere. So decided to enforce a few rules for myself, and also some to make sure I get the most out of my collection.

1.  No impulse buys. 
This is definitely my downfall, usually I have my eye on something but end up walking away with that PLUS something else. Hoping this will mean I will only buy products, I love, had my eye on for a while and have researched. No high end foundations without samples first!

2.  Stick to my budget!!!

3. Finish products before buying replacements.
This is mostly in regards to skin & body care, I want to properly use up products instead of giving up half way and trying the next thing. I also think I'm more likely to see results if I stick with it!

4. NO EYESHADOWS.
This is going to be ridiculously hard, but I have so many eyeshadows and so many are being ignored. I'm giving myself until July (my birthday) with a complete ban, and then I think maybe 6 shadows for the rest of the year.  An exception to this rule is if anything specular, undupe-able from my collection and limited edition comes along.

I'm hoping posting my resolutions will mean I have a stronger chance of sticking to them. If I fall short, I will report all and everyone can make me feel ridiculously guilty. I'm excited about the year ahead, and about finishing up some products and making sure I LOVE everything I own. After exams I'm going to have a big sort through of my stuff, and get rid of the stuff I'm meh about, or doesn't work for me.

Good luck for anyone else enforcing some make up rules for the year ahead!

Nic xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment