My empties have been appalling the last two months, but I'm hoping my make-up resolutions this year will mean I'll have a lot more. I'm going to do a monthly empties post, so it can help me finishing stuff up and I hope it means I really figure out the stuff I LOVE and would definitely rebuy, so I stop making random, unnecessary purchases.
1. Xen-Tan Dark Lotion Fake Tan £18.99
I, like so many others, love this lotion. I bought this bottle back in May and it's only just finished. The tan last well on my skin, and I tend to apply every ten days or so. I have a medium olive skintone naturally, Xen-Tan gives me a really nice subtle bit of colour which helps give a bit of confidence boost, and I adore the marzipan smell. My only negative is when I'm going out, or during the summer I have to apply two layers; one layer tends to give me a natural colour, but two makes it more obvious I'm tanned, and even then the colour is so natural. LOVE. I would love to try the Absolute Luxe but not sure I can justify the extra £10 or so!
Rebuy? Definitely, once I use up the others in my collection. Best place to buy it is at Feel Unique here.
2.Liz Earle Cleanse&Polish 100ml £13.75 here
This is my third bottle, and although I love how it's smooth rich feel, and how clean my skin is afterwards I'm just not WOWED like so many others seem to me. I am going to try and see if I find anything else, and the lack of improvement on my skin is more than likely to my pill, so maybe I would see the benefits if I went back to it.
Rebuy? Possibly in the future, if I don't find anything else that gives me the same fresh feeling, while leaving my skin feeling supple. But I do think it's quite pricey for 100ml of product only.
3. MAC Fix+ Spray £12.50 here
Bought this in August and I've only just finished it. I owned Fix+ a couple years ago and really enjoyed it, not sure why I never repurchased it. But I'm very happy it's back in my life. Makes a great setting spray, and love a little spritz during long days to keep my make up looking fresh. It also comes in handy when you've got a little overboard with the powder, really stops you looking unnaturally matte. Works great for foiling eyeshadows as well.
Rebuy? Yep, although I was tempted with the Urban Decay spray, I decided to stick with what I knew best and rebought it on the weekend. It's great value for money, as it's lasted me since August, and I used about 5 sprays (at least!) a day.
4. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Natural £17.00 here
I technically finished this in November, but I had the teeniest bit left that I managed to scrap out last week. I've had it for about 9 months, but constantely found myself reaching for other concealers, especially since getting my MAC Pro Longwear. I think the main problem was I didn't find it long wearing enough. It also creased under my eyes, so I ended up using it more as a corrector, layering my other concealers over it.
Rebuy? Unfortunately, no.
If you'd like a fuller review of anything mentioned, or have any other questions please let me know!
Nic xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment