I've been on a skincare frenzy lately, and although these aren't new additions to my regime, I've been using them for long enough to be impressed and to be able to review them properly, on the left we have the Clear Improvements face mask aimed to help unclog pores, and the on right Drink Up a mask for dehydrated skin.
This mask contains charcoal, which supposedly helps to draw out impurities helping to declog pores, while the clay 'dissolves' impurities. The claims Origins make seem almost too good to be true, and to be honest, I tend to take all claims with a pinch of salt when I'm deciding what products to buy, and I guess like most others who read blogs, a blogger's opinion speaks volumes.
I am really really impressed with this mask, no spots don't disappear immediately, and all this 'drawing out' business isn't some instant reaction. But what I did find, was that it helps clear imperfections quicker, my pores appeared to be reduced, my skin feels smoother, and I think the clay really helps with oil control without leaving my skin feeling uncomfortable tight. It also has a great calming effect, problem areas look less red and less inflamed. I some times use these over night just on spots and always wake up to a noticeable difference in size and redness. On application it has a slightly cooling sensation, and you only need to apply a thing layer so the tube really will last you ages. I bought it back in June and apply it between 1-3 times a week depending how often my skin needs it.
The only negative is that this is one of those masks that drys really tight, and so you don't want to move for fear of cracking it, but after ten minutes you can rinse it off, and as soon as you add water to it it softens and washes off easily.
Drink Up 100ml link
I tend to not use moisturiser in the mornings, unless my skin is absolutely crying out for it, as I find on my combo/oily skin I often end up looking a little too shiny. I moisturise at night, but nothing too heavy, and so this has been great when I need an extra boost, and can feel my skin needing something more. It's also a lot cheaper than buying some rich, heavy night cream. You apply a thin layer, and rub in slightly, it leaves you looking very sticky and slighty white, but after ten minutes you wipe any excess off. It has a really lovely apricot scent, which some might not like, I love it but my mom said it smells like 'cat's piss'. (I'm not really sure in what world cat's piss smells like apricots, but hey!) My skin feels so lovely and supple afterwards, and not greasy in the slightest. Origins also does an intensive overnight version, for those that have more dry skin types, which I can imagine would be equally impressive.
Origins does advertise this as suitable for combo-dry skin types, but I've found it perfect for me on the oilier side of combo.
I would definitely recommend Clear Improvements with those with problem skin, or even just looking to reduce a bit of shine! I've really noticed the oil control lasts really well, and when I've forgotten to use the mask, my skin does get oilier. Drink Up is a lovely little treat when are you suffering from occasional dry patches, or when your skin just needs a bit of a moisture boost, this works great.
Thanks for reading, and please let me know what your favourite masks are. I'm always on the look out for something new to try.
Nic xxx



No comments:
Post a Comment