For years, I disregarded the importance of using a primer on my eyelids, I've fleetingly used the ELF one (really impressive for the price) and UDPP which, to be honest, I really didn't like, it just didn't work for me, but neither became regulars in my eyeshadow application. But a lovely sales assistant in Santa Barbara opened my eyes, and I can happily say I've found the one.
MAC Painterly is a pale nude, which looks pink/flesh toned in the pot, but when it's applied to the lids it had a slight grey/purple tinge to it. But it is pretty neutral, and so it makes a perfect base for any colour to be applied on top. It sets quickly to a matte finish, and ensures my eyeshadow stays in place for hours. Although it's not technically a 'primer', it's worked better than any I've tried. (I may have on occasion gone to sleep with my eyeshadow still on from a night out (oops), and wake up the next day my eyeshadow looks perfect. Seriously perfect.)
It can, obviously, be worn alone, if you like a pale pink, but for me I solely use it as a base. MAC do offer other great shades, and finishes in the paint pot line and I'm very tempted to pick up another when my ban is over, something with a bit of shimmer perhaps. You can see the full collection here.
They retail for £14.50 and mine has been worth any penny!
Nic xxx
(ps. sorry about the dirty pot- it's been well loved.)
No comments:
Post a Comment