Metal-X in Ventian Tarnish
Woah, I hardly ever have my hair up but this was the best full face shot I could get. The shade is in Venetian Tarnish, and as you can see it's a really wearable shade. Which you can easily darken for a night out, or even just smudging out some eyeliner along the to and bottom lashes would look lovely.
I'm also wearing Studio Fix Fluid in NC25, with NARS Orgasm on the cheeks. (beautiful!) Loreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara as usual! I used MAC Brule as a highlight along the brow bone.
How does the product perform?
Mmm, I am very split on this product. I love the sheen, and the colour I am in love with. The Metal-X line itself, has very bad revies in terms on longevity. No, it will not last you like a paint pot will, but no where does MAC claim it's a long wearing product. When Yu asked me how I was getting on with it, I made sure I applied it and checked it regularly to see how it lasted, and what the creasing was like. Perhaps I don't have very creasy(??) eyelids, but I only had a problem with one single crease along the fold, which you can see below. The photo was taken after ten hours wear. The thing that bothered me more, was how it faded. I don't really have problem with creasing ever, but I've never had a cream eyeshadow fade like that before. It was a gradual fading, but I probably noticed it first about 3 hours and it just got worse as the hours progressed. Not impressed!
Temptalia had a very negative review with major creasing issues, and honestly, if the post had been published before I made my rash purchase, I wouldn't have bought it. Plus, the MUA told me they were long wearing, so I was a bit ill informed as they aren't really, and I don't think they were intended to be.
Sorry, was taken on my phone, but you can see the crease line and the lack of colour which in the middle of my eyelid is almost worn away completely.
Although the colours really are gorgeous, and have a lovely effect (not quite metal, but still a nice finish), I wouldn't recommend as it just doesn't last. I don't totally regret my purchase, I do wish I had waited to read some reviews first, because at £15.50 you expect a product to perform well and last. I'll probably just save it for occasions I'm only out for a few hours rather than all day, or all night wear. Really is a shame as it's such a waste of such a gorgeous colour. You can see my swatch of it here.
Most of the shades (there are 9 in total) are sold out on the Debenham's website, but MAC still have in stock. Check out the Temptalia post I linked above to see swatches of the other shades.
Nic xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment