Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Review: Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum

The HydraQuench Intensive Serum is mixture of oil and solution/serum (not sure exactly what you call it) so it needs a good shake before you use it. I use two pumps in the morning only, as the Blue Orchid oil (review coming) is little heavy to wear under make up. This, on the other hand works great, it's super light, and sinks in quickly with no greasy residue at all (it can be used in the night time as well if you don't want to splash out for both.) I apply it in dabbing motions from the centre of my face outwards, and within a minute, it's sunk it, my skin feels smooth and soft, with a natural finish. 



The reason I picked this up was because, although my skin was nice and supple when I woke up, within a few hours of applying my foundation, my skin seemed to dry up again with dry patches popping up! I do wear Double Wear, which is generally quite drying, but I had problems when trying out different ones too.  Whether it's been a combination of the moisturiser & serum, or just the serum, my skin has definitely improved. My skin is more supple, feels nicer to touch, and dry patches are kept at bay.

What Clarins say: ' a bi-phase serum which restores vitality to very dehydrated skin, even in exteme climates.' It contains Omega 3, Inca Peanut oil, as well as hyaluronic acid and Katafray bark to restore natural hydration.

Just to let you know, they have recently changed the packaging and formulation of this serum, it's got a runnier consistency, but apparently apart from that the formula is similar. (This is what a sales assistant told me!) I was a little peeved as the new one came out a week after I bought this, and the original girl who helped me didn't mention it! I would have much rather waited a week to try the new one. But hey, never mind.

I have read some reviews saying it can cause breakouts, but I haven't experienced that at all. But for those that can have reactions to products (which I don't) they may need to keep that in mind.

£40 for 30ml (same for the new formula)

It probably was a bit excessive of me to splash out for this, but I do genuinely feel it's been making a difference, as it really gets down into the skin and keeps working all day. I haven't regretted it at all.


Any products you rely on for dehydrated skin? Tried this product yourself?
Let me know!

Nic xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment