Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

LUSH Skincare Round-up: Breath of Fresh Air Toner

lush breath of fresh air

Continuing my skincare routine, next up is my current toner,  Breath of Fresh Air*. (I recently finished up the Tea Tree toner from LUSH, which I review & compare in my empties post coming soon). I like to use a toner to thoroughly remove any last traces of make up before bed, and to refresh in the morning.  I chose this toner in particular, as it contains seawater which is supposed to help soften and hydrate, while the seaweed and aloe works on the surface of your skin to hydrate and lock in moisture. Dehydration is definitely a bit issue for me at the moment, and anything that claims to help it, I find hard to resist. 

 The thing I love about LUSH's range of, what they describe as, 'toner waters' is that they are all pure spring water with zero alcohol, and can also be used during the day to spritz all over the face to refresh, this one included.  I use it after powdering my make up, and various times during the day without it ruining my make up at all, great for a little wake up spray. I found it to be a godsend while I've been ill, no overwhelming scent and cooling to the skin.

I really like this as a no-fuss toner, it doesn't promise miracles, but I do find my skin overall is becoming less dehydrated (using the combination of Ultrabland and this). I use 3-4 sprays on a cottonwoold pad and gentle wipe over my face. I find it removes those last few traces of makeup which I usually miss along the hair line, without drying me out at all. My skin doesn't feel tight or uncomfortable at all. I like to apply my moisturiser while my skin is still damp, which means I end up using a little less of it and my skin feels lovely afterwards. 

Suitable for? I would say all skin types, but those with oily skin might enjoy the Tea Tree toner more, (look for review soon!)

Price: from £3.75/ 100ml

Available from LUSH stores and online.

Nic xxx


(*) given to me for consideration purposes, but that in no way influences my opinion. as usual this review is 100% honest.

2 comments:

  1. I've been really enjoying this toner, I feel like the name is so apt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I've been using mine so much my little bottle is nearly finished- think I'm going to have to repurchase.

      Delete