Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, 19 March 2012

Review: Laura Mercier Under Eye Perfecter

My sleeping patterns have never been what would be considered 'normal', and dark circles have always been a concern. But until I started reading blogs, I hadn't really considered using a corrector, as well as a concealer; I think I always assumed they were the same thing. Bloody good job I've got all you other bloggers out there to educate me! I've tried the Bobbi Brown Corrector (although never owned it) and it is great stuff, but I guess I was just drawn into trying something new- and hadn't read too much about Laura Mercier's offerings.

Laura Mercier Undereye Perfector
Laura Mercier Undereye Perfector

The Under Eye Perfecter comes in only 2 shades; orange/yellow and mauve/rose which are supposedly formulated to suit a range of skin tones. The very lovely and helpful salesgirls told me that the mauve/rose are for darker skinned ladies, and although the orange/yellow looks ridiculously scary in the pot (and under the eyes for that matter) it really disappears and works its magic when applied under concealer.

Laura Mercier Undereye Perfector
Laura Mercier Undereye Perfector

Unlike the BB corrector, this is not creamy at all, and it's actually why I've enjoyed using it more. It's solid, so all you do is gently press your finger into the pot to slightly melt the product and use a dabbing action to cover the dark circles. The teeeeniest bit goes really far, and I think will end up lastly much longer than the BB equivalent- it is priced at £1.50 more, but you also get an extra 0.3grams.

So does it actually work? YES! I am really really impressed with this product, and really happy as I didn't get on well with my LM primer at all, or maybe it just didn't get on with my foundation? Anyway,  I digress... I just went to double check the size and saw a couple reviews saying that they found it worked even better when mixed in with the concealer on the back of the hand before applying, I haven't tried that but I definitely will. You do need to make sure you dab and blend out well, otherwise I found there can be a little creasing but when applied properly I didn't notice any at all. I use my MAC Pro Longwear concealer on top and don't powder. I was semi tempted to pick up the Secret Brightening Powder as well, but I'm glad I didn't as I'm not sure how much difference it actually made, and when I got in my car and looked in my visor mirror, I saw I was sparkling as if I'd whacked a bit of glitter under my eyes...errr, no thanks!

The Perfecter costs £18.50 and is available from House of Fraser or Space NK.

Has anyone else tried this correcter? What did you think?

Nic xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm seriously wanting my BB Correcter to just disappear now - it's great but not miraculous, which you'd expect for a £15+ product! This looks REALLY scary, but you're making me wanna go try it out at the stand lol!

    Great photos btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks love! Haha, yeah it does look scary, but honestly blends away beautifully and you don't notice the bright orange any more ha! Definitely worth trying it at the stand, I did that first :)

      Delete