I went to the MAC stand with the intention of picking up 1 pan to finish my neutral palette, and having a little swatch, but, I absolutely fell in love with the colours. They are so different to what I own already, and I couldn't resist. Debenham's had 15% off, plus I had £25 worth of Beauty Club points, so in my defense I didn't even spend that much!
Left: Bronze (Frost) gold brown with shimmer.
Right: Sketch (Velvet) deep burgundy/brown with a red shimmer. I went in thinking I wanted Fig.1, but this just swatched so much better, and I like the added dimension with the shimmer, without being too obvious.
Left: Paradisco (Frost) pinky-coral with a gorgeous pearl sheen. Think it would look great along the top of the cheekbones as well.
Right: Starviolet (Veluxe Pearl) pinky-brown plum, veluxe pearl finish are just to die for as well.
L-R. Bronze.Sketch. Paradisco.Starviolet.
(click to enlarge)
(how tiny my my little finger!!)
Metal X Cream Eye Shadow (Limited Edition) £15.50
Venetian Tarnish
After swatching for about half an hour, the lovely MUA showed me the new cream shadows, (which I had purposely been avoiding!) I've been really drawn cream finishes lately, so I knew it would be dangerous to even look. And then I ended up buying one! Total self control fail.
What MAC says: A powdery cream that almost instantly transforms into a blendable, buildable liquid metal finish. A vibrant mélange of pigments, this highlighter quickly brings extreme brilliance, shine and multi-dimensional impact to eyes, cheeks, décolletage.
This is beyond gorgeous!! The colour is so dimensional, and I love that is multipurpose. I'm really looking forward to playing around with it. Might have to pick up another colour as well.
I love my new colours, and apart from Bronze, I've not seen too many people talking about them. So it's nice to make some discoveries on my own. All the finishes are great, and apply well, all the shimmery/sheenyness (not a word I know) is also perfect for festive season!
(I had planned to include photos of the new colours on my eyes, but decided to save it for another post, as it was a bit too photo heavy with them. So look out for that if you're interested in how to wear the more pinky/purpley colours)
Thanks for reading!
Nic xxx


No comments:
Post a Comment